Its superb quality, together with its pages of informative features and news stories, makes it the ideal vehicle to keep up-to-date with the product releases, trade associations, companies and people who understand and share your business concerns.
Statement regarding CleanEx 2020 and Hospitality Expo 2020
We can now confirm that CleanEx and Hospitality Expo have been postponed until Sunday 25th and Monday 26th April 2021.
We had considered holding the event later this year, but with the timescale of COVID-19 being unknown, may be months, we felt it better to reschedule for 2021.
We would like to thank those of you who have offered messages of support. We now feel from your comments that our decision to protect the safety of our exhibitors and visitors has been widely acknowledged.
All sponsorship and bookings will remain secured and we look forward to working with you over the coming months as we re-plan the event for next
Government advice – what you need to know
- businesses and workplaces should encourage their employees to work at home, wherever possible
- if someone becomes unwell in the workplace with a new, continuous cough or a high temperature, they should be sent home and advised to follow the advice to stay at home
- employees should be reminded to wash their hands for 20 seconds more frequently and catch coughs and sneezes in tissues
- frequently clean and disinfect objects and surfaces that are touched regularly, using your standard cleaning products
- employees will need your support to adhere to the recommendation to stay at home to reduce the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) to others
- those who follow advice to stay at home will be eligible for statutory sick pay (SSP) from the first day of their absence from work
- employers should use their discretion concerning the need for medical evidence for certification for employees who are unwell. This will allow GPs to focus on their patients
- if evidence is required by an employer, those with symptoms of coronavirus can get an isolation note from NHS 111 online, and those who live with someone that has symptoms can get a note from the NHS website
- employees from defined vulnerable groups should be strongly advised and supported to stay at home and work from there if possible
Finally, we wish you all the very best for your businesses. Keep your families and staff safe in these extraordinary and worrying times.
Featured Articles from LCT Journalists for in-depth industry insights
Get shirty with your customers Customers want clean garments and with the move toward spending less time on chores and more on leisure, the market for cleaning and pressing of shirts is growing. But how should laundries tap into this market? What equipment should they deploy to cope [...]
Smiles all round: Visiting Royal Jersey laundry None of us who knows the industry well has any doubt that while technology and modern engineering has changed much of how we operate in recent years, it is the remarkable combination of both resilience and adaptability of the people involved [...]
Time to cotton on Climate change has definitely been grabbing the ‘green headlines’ in recent times. But those working with linen – from manufacturers through to suppliers and laundries, plus hotels and leisure facilities – have been keeping more than a watching brief on the future of [...]
Gently does it. Environmental concerns and the need to clean more delicate and complex textiles Environmental concerns and the need to clean more delicate and complex textiles – in both dry and wet cleaning systems – have helped drive the search for gentler wash and spot cleaning chemicals [...]
Outsourcing quality linen the advantages Quality linens are vitally important for hotels and restaurants that want to stand out from the rest and maximise the guest experience. It’s an area where there is an awful lot to think about such as what linens to choose to maintain the [...]
An insight to being onsite - on premise laundry - OPLs While a passenger on the Clapham Omnibus most likely thinks of laundries as either industrial premises or the high street launderette, the reality is that they also encompass on premise laundries (opls) where organisations have their own private [...]
Data Driven Laundry and Dry Cleaning, latest systems and developments Janice Raycroft reports on the latest systems that have been developed to provide data and intelligence to laundry and dry cleaning businesses of all sizes... The laundry and dry cleaning sector has undergone its very own Industrial [...]
National Laundry Group (NLG) Meeting Roundup The first National Laundry Group (NLG) meeting of 2019 sponsored by HJ Weir and Linen Connect took place at the Copthorne Hotel in Slough on the 13/14 March. Tina Gleed reports. Pritpal Purwall from Aeroserve Laundry chaired the event as a stand [...]