Its superb quality, together with its pages of informative features and news stories, makes it the ideal vehicle to keep up-to-date with the product releases, trade associations, companies and people who understand and share your business concerns.
Statement regarding CleanEx 2020 and Hospitality Expo 2020
We can now confirm that CleanEx and Hospitality Expo have been postponed until Sunday 25th and Monday 26th April 2021.
We had considered holding the event later this year, but with the timescale of COVID-19 being unknown, may be months, we felt it better to reschedule for 2021.
We would like to thank those of you who have offered messages of support. We now feel from your comments that our decision to protect the safety of our exhibitors and visitors has been widely acknowledged.
All sponsorship and bookings will remain secured and we look forward to working with you over the coming months as we re-plan the event for next
Government advice – what you need to know
- businesses and workplaces should encourage their employees to work at home, wherever possible
- if someone becomes unwell in the workplace with a new, continuous cough or a high temperature, they should be sent home and advised to follow the advice to stay at home
- employees should be reminded to wash their hands for 20 seconds more frequently and catch coughs and sneezes in tissues
- frequently clean and disinfect objects and surfaces that are touched regularly, using your standard cleaning products
- employees will need your support to adhere to the recommendation to stay at home to reduce the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) to others
- those who follow advice to stay at home will be eligible for statutory sick pay (SSP) from the first day of their absence from work
- employers should use their discretion concerning the need for medical evidence for certification for employees who are unwell. This will allow GPs to focus on their patients
- if evidence is required by an employer, those with symptoms of coronavirus can get an isolation note from NHS 111 online, and those who live with someone that has symptoms can get a note from the NHS website
- employees from defined vulnerable groups should be strongly advised and supported to stay at home and work from there if possible
Finally, we wish you all the very best for your businesses. Keep your families and staff safe in these extraordinary and worrying times.
Featured Articles from LCT Journalists for in-depth industry insights
Dry cleaning equipment: still going strong With the headline focus often on wetcleaning, it is important to remember the continuing advances in drycleaning equipment. Whether it be the use of perc or alternative solvents or technological advances, the drycleaning arena is keeping up with the need for [...]
Feeders and folders The latest feeders and folders have innovations and features that improve production, provide a better quality output and save time and energy. Janice Raycroft reports. By ‘ironing out the pinch points and wrinkles’ technological advances are transforming modern laundries, cutting chunks of time, energy [...]
Ask the expert - How to manage staff hours during inconsistent laundry orders In this new regular feature for launderers and drycleaners we’ll be turning to industry specialist Andy Marsh for some expert guidance and sound, practical advice to help you to get the most out of your equipment [...]
For the love of water It’s entirely clear that the world has – and quite rightly too – become more environmentally friendly. Whether it’s energy efficiency, less use of fossil fuels or pointless packaging, ‘going green’ is in vogue. But as business in general can make changes [...]
Wheely clever - trolleys and cages for laundry Janice Raycroft reports on the features and engineering detail behind the latest trolleys and cages on the market It’s easy to think that the most ingenious solutions to laundry operation are hidden inside the computerised and increasingly sophisticated machinery, [...]
Conveyor systems for laundry and dry cleaning operations Great conveyor systems can be designed to fit perfectly into any laundry or dry cleaning operation, maximising the use of space as well as increasing productivity. Janice Raycroft lines up the specialist suppliers. The Standard, London’s new hotel, is [...]
Sustainable textiles provide a 'rags to riches' story Every industry is looking at ways of reducing waste and ours is of no exception. Here Tina Gleed takes a look at sustainable textiles and what’s happening in the industry to reduce the amount of waste that is sent [...]
On the move: Online laundry collection and delivery In the rapidly moving world of modern collection and delivery services the customer may be king, but the app is the beating heart. Online collection and delivery has been around for only 20 years or so but has come on [...]